This crustless pizza has the ultimate in low carb convenience that has the best parts of a pizza minus the crust! It’s cheesy, meaty, and easy to make. It’s made in just ONE pan and takes 15 minutes.
We all love a simple one Keto dinner recipe. One that we can put together with minimal effort and that tastes delicious.
Whenever I feel like carbohydrates or comfort food, I have a couple of standbys. I enjoy doing it Keto Mac and Cheese and sometimes i love a good one Keto gnocchi. However, when pizza cravings strikes, nothing beats a crustless pizza.
What is a pizza without a crust made of?
As the name suggests, all you love about a pizza is a no-crust pizza, minus the crust. It’s a popular dish for those on a low-carb diet because the base is ground beef and it’s topped with lots of cheese. So I always do it when I feel like carbohydrates!
why this Pizza without a crust will be a favorite for dinner –
- Zero carbohydrates. Ever wondered why a no crust pizza is so popular on a keto diet? It hardly has any carbohydrates! Using certain vegetables or smoked meats can increase the carbohydrate count, but made as described it is practically carbohydrate free.
- Made in just one pan. From cooking the ground beef to putting together the crustless pizza, everything is cooked in the same pan. No washing up or multiple mixing bowls required.
- Ready in 15 minutes. From preparation to plate, this recipe takes less than 15 minutes. It’s perfect for a simple keto dinner.
What I love about this recipe is how much it satisfies my pizza cravings. Like most people, the crust is the most boring part of pizza and is really just there as a vehicle for all toppings. Even those who don’t follow the low carb diet are obsessed with it!
How do you make a pizza without a crust?
- Minced meat– I like to use lean turkey as it reduces the total fat content (to make up for all of the cheese used!). You can use lean ground beef, chicken, or even pork.
- garlic– To cook with the ground turkey.
- olive oil– Fry everything in it.
- Italian spices– A must for every good pizza dish.
- Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese– The cheddar cheese is mixed into the ground turkey to give it a cheesier taste and the mozzarella cheese is sprinkled on top to give it that authentic pizza topping vibe.
- Pizza sauce– Skip the carbs and make your own Keto pizza sauce.
- Pizza topping– I like to use peppers, mushrooms and hot peppers, but use whatever you prefer!
Start by adding your olive oil to a 12 inch pan and placing it over medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the ground turkey and use a spatula to break it. Cook the ground turkey for 5-6 minutes, until it is no longer pink.
Next, take the pan off the heat. Stir in the cheddar cheese and mix it in until it is completely incorporated and forms the base of the ‘pizza’. Add the pizza sauce followed by the pizza toppings, then add the mozzarella cheese.
Now bake the pizza without a crust for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese bubbles on top. Take the pizza out of the oven before slicing and serving.
Tips for the best recipe
- Adding cheese to the cooked ground beef adds an extra cheesy flavor while also keeping it moist. Don’t skip this or you risk it drying out once all the pizza toppings have been added and it is baked again.
- If you want to add a ‘crust’, do a Keto pizza instead of this. The carbohydrates are virtually non-existent and it gives you the crust you want.
- The toppings used in this recipe are a personal preference only. You can use any toppings you like including the ground beef!
Instructions for storing, freezing and warming up
- To store: Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Freeze: Put the cooled pizza in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Warm up: Warm up either for 30-40 seconds in the microwave or in a preheated oven.
What to serve with a keto-free pizza?
frequently asked Questions
Which pizza chain has pizza without a crust?
Domino’s, Papa Murphy’s, and Pizza Hut all have variations of a crustless pizza, but with different preparation methods. Instead of a crust on the edges, they just add extra toppings to the entire pizza, hence the “crustless” aspect.
Can you eat crustless pizza on keto?
While a homemade, crustless pizza is keto-friendly (like this recipe), take-away items like Domino’s or Pizza Hut are not. Both chains still have a “crust” on their pizza (made from pizza dough), but the edge of the pizza was covered with extra toppings, making it “crustless”.
Can I order a pizza without a crust?
There is no known pizza shop or pizza chain that has the option of ordering a pizza without a crust.
- 1/2 lb Lean turkey Minced meat works
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese rubbed
- 1/2 Cup Keto pizza sauce
- 4th small mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 Cup Olives Discs
- 8th Discs Hot peppers
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese rubbed
Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F.
Put the olive oil in a pan and heat it over medium heat. Once it’s hot add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add ground turkey and break apart with a rubber spatula. Cook for 4-5 minutes until they are no longer pink. Stir in the Italian spices.
Take the pan off the heat. Stir in the mozzarella. Spread the pizza sauce on top, followed by the mushrooms, olives and peppers. Top with the mozzarella cheese.
Place the pan in the oven and bake the crustless pizza for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
Take the pan out of the oven and cut into four portions and serve immediately.
TO STORE: Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to five days.
FREEZE: Put the cooled pizza in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
TO WARM UP: Warm up either for 30-40 seconds in the microwave or in a preheated oven.
Portion: 1disc | Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 3G | Protein: 25thG | Fat: 19thG | Sodium: 494mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 2G | Vitamin A: 419IE | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 342mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBONS: 1G