This Peppers stuffed with cream cheese are a simple yet elegant appetizer that only requires 6 ingredients! They’re low carb but packed with flavor and ready in just five minutes.
When it comes to delicious yet easy appetizers, these are my favorite recipes Jalapeno poppers, Mozzarella sticks, and these Mini Peppers Stuffed with Cream Cheese.
I’m always looking for low carb Appetizers. Sure, I could stick with cheese and raw vegetables, but sometimes I like something quirky. Enter stuffed mini peppers, which may be my absolute favorite.
This Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers recipe is one you’ll make again and again. It’s perfect for serving at parties, events or even dinner parties or any occasion where finger food is a must. Well, these Cream Cheese Peppers may look incredibly fancy, but I promise you, they’re one of the easiest recipes you can make!
6 ingredients, low carb and full of flavor, even those not on the keto diet obsess. Tender mini peppers filled with a cream cheese mixture and gratinated with even more cheese, you probably have everything in the fridge to make them now!
What I love about this recipe is how quick and easy it is to make! It’s the perfect appetizer to eat before anything with chicken (eg crack chicken or a Pamesan chicken) or if you fancy a finger food dinner!
How do you make cream cheese stuffed peppers?
- Mini peppers– A mixture of red, yellow and orange peppers.
- cream cheese– Full-fat cream cheese that has been softened to room temperature.
- garlic powder– Adds a subtle garlic flavor.
- parmesan cheese– Freshly grated parmesan cheese, not the pre-shredded kind!
- Green Onion– Adds a light, peppery kick without being overwhelming.
- baby spinach– For the cream cheese filling.
- Grated cheese– To cover the cream cheese peppers before baking in the oven. I like to use a Mexican cheese mix, but mozzarella or cheddar will do, too.
First, cut your mini peppers lengthwise, then remove any seeds and membranes inside. Next, prepare the filling by mixing all the ingredients except the grated cheese.
Now stuff the peppers with the cream cheese mixture, making sure they’re packed tightly inside. Place the stuffed peppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden on the edges. Remove the peppers from the oven and serve immediately.
Tips for the best recipe
- Be sure to stuff the mini peppers very well. If peppers are left over, that’s fine.
- Add additional spices like smoked paprika powder or red pepper flakes for a flavorful kick.
- If you can’t find mini peppers, you can use the full-size ones provided they’re on the smaller side.
- cheese– Instead of cream cheese, use goat cheese, boursin cheese, or even whipped feta cheese.
- protein– Add chopped bacon, sausage or even ground turkey.
- vegetables– Finely grated zucchini, mushrooms or sun-dried tomatoes.
Storage, freezing and reheating instructions
- To store: Leftovers can be stored covered at room temperature for up to five days.
- Freeze: Place the cooked and cooled cream cheese peppers in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- warm up: Cream cheese peppers should always be enjoyed warm, so reheat in either a preheated oven or air fryer.
More appetizer recipes to try
frequently asked Questions
Should peppers be pre-cooked before stuffing?
Unless you prepare meals stuffed peppers, there is no need to boil them before stuffing. These are mini peppers and there is a risk of them becoming mushy if overcooked.
How healthy are peppers and cream cheese?
Peppers with cream cheese are a low-carb, high-protein snack and relatively healthy. Despite being higher in fat than other appetizers, they’re packed with fiber and other nutrients to balance it out.
How many calories does a pepper with cream cheese have?
Each mini pepper with cream cheese is only 50 calories.
- 1 lb Mini peppers a mixture of orange, yellow and red
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese freshly fenced
- 3 stems green onions finely sliced
- 1/2 Cup baby spinach
- 1 Cup grated cheese
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice the peppers lengthways and remove the seeds. In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients except the grated cheese.
Place the stuffed peppers on the baking tray lined with baking paper and cover with the grated cheese.
Bake the peppers for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
TO STORE: Leftovers can be stored covered at room temperature for up to five days.
FREEZE: Place the cooked and cooled cream cheese peppers in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
WARM UP: Cream cheese peppers should always be enjoyed warm, so reheat in either a preheated oven or air fryer.
Portion: 1Peppers stuffed with cream cheese | Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 3G | Protein: 3G | Fat: 3G | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1G | Vitamin A: 778ie | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg | NET carbs: 2G