Learn how to make the best dipping sauce for sweet potato fries that needs just 3 ingredients! Creamy, spicy, and with a smoky flavor, it takes less than a minute to make!
I am a self-confessed condiment king.
If you take a peek in my refrigerator, you’ll find at least twelve bottles of various sauces, dressings, and dips. I think part of the issue is my obsession with making sweet potato fries on a very regular basis, and wanting something new to dip it in each time.
What do you eat sweet potato fries with?
There are a bunch of flavors of that go well with sweet potatoes, but a sauce that contains something sweet, something creamy, and something smoky is where it is at. Also known as a pink sauce, this one is a winner.
Why this Dip for sweet potato fries recipe will be a staple
- 3 ingredients. Just mayonnaise, chili sauce, and smoked paprika!
- Ready in under a minute. You literally whisk it all together in a small bowl.
- Easy to customise. Add more spices, chopped vegetables, or even omit the spice completely!
What I love about this dip is just how versatile it is! It’s not just reserved for fries of the sweet potato kind- I like pairing it with Keto french fries or dipping my chicken nuggets in them too!
How to make dipping sauce for sweet potato fries
- mayonnaise– Skip the heavily processed store bought kind but make your own.
- Chili sauce– I like using sriracha, but you can use a milder sauce or sweet chili sauce.
- Smoked peppers– The secret ingredient that gives the dipping sauce a smoky hit.
Whisk everything together in a small bowl, then transfer to a serving dish and enjoy immediately.
Dietary and flavor variations
- Cut the dairy. Use a vegan or plant based mayonnaise if you’d like this sauce to be dairy free.
- Add heat. Use extra hot chili sauce and amp it up with extra red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Add sweetness. For a sweet and spicy flavor, add a tablespoon of either honey or maple syrup.
- Lower the fat. Instead of using mayonnaise, swap it out for Greek yogurt.
Other ways to use this sauce
This sauce is so versatile, it works in a plethora of other ways.
We love to drizzle it over protein to jazz it up, like with chicken breast, chicken thighsor even pork chops.
It works well as a sandwich spread, as a dressing for your favorite salad (we love it in a spinach salad), or something to dip your leftover pizza crusts in.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.
- To freeze: Place the sauce in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to one month.
More sauce recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
How many calories are in this sauce?
There are just 30 calories in each tablespoon serving this sauce.
Is this sauce low carb?
Made as instructed, this condiment is low in carbs. Serve it with one of your favorites keto dinner.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
One serving is 20 ml (a heaping tablespoon).
serve with sweet potato fries.
TO STORE: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.
TO FREEZE: Place the sauce in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to one month.
serving: 1serving | Calories: 48kcal | carbohydrates: 1G | Protein: 1G | Fat: 5G | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 13mg | fiber: 1G | Vitamin A: 64IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg