The pandemic has changed the game on fitness and how we access our favorite teachers. Today, we find a treasure trove of accessible health and wellness content and online yoga platforms available on all of our devices.
Have You Taken an Online Yoga Class? 5 Reasons Why It Can Be Better Than the Studio
You can now enjoy thousands of hours of online fitness content, but that also means it can be extremely overwhelming to figure out which platform serves you best.
good news We are here to help you find your favorite online yoga platform!
Find Your Online Yoga Platform Soulmate
While there are a myriad of ways to practice yoga online, some platforms stand out more than others. Most of these channels offer free trials to access their own live and on-demand class libraries, all of which vary in style and length.
There are a myriad of ways to practice yoga online, and some platforms stand out more than others.
There is also an emerging trend of teacher specific platforms and while these are exceptional in their own right, we’ve chosen to highlight the major yoga platforms with a more diverse array of teachers and offerings.
Check out our picks for the top ten online yoga platforms below.
How to Choose the Best Online Yoga Membership for YOU
Top 10 Online Yoga Platforms:
With hundreds of on-demand and live classes ranging from yoga to fitness, dance to barre and Pilates, guided meditation and breath work, YogiApproved Classes can be played on-demand or downloaded to play offline – perfect for travel!
YA Classes features diverse offerings that are curated to your specific needs and goals with relatable, passionate, and down-to-earth yoga teachers.
- Female founded, owned and operated
- Among the highest quality content in the industry
- Every class you take helps plant a food-producing tree!
- Smaller library of advanced classes than other platforms
Yoga International features a few internationally recognized yoga teachers which typically offer more of a traditional style approach to the practice. With hundreds of classes offered daily, there is something for every yogi at Yoga International.
- Offers specialized training and courses in addition to on-demand and live classes
- Programming beyond asana, including meditation, anatomy, Ayurveda, etc.
- Research-based periodicals written by yoga industry experts
- Content library is not as easy to navigate as other platforms
Previously known as Yoga Glo, this popular digital platform hosts world-renowned teachers and offers a wide variety of class styles and programming focused on well-being. With an extensive and vast array of live and on-demand classes, Glo hosts a plethora of yoga and fitness options to help you glow!
- Offers five different class categories (yoga, meditation, pilates, fitness and yoga conditioning, etc.)
- Additonal programming included in subscription with a variety of styles and lengths
- Highly specialized content from experienced and highly skilled yoga professionals
- More expensive than other platforms
4. Obe Fitness
Obé Fitness is a trending platform featuring a blend of yoga and fitness from A to Z. Opt for a HIIT workout, a vinyasa yoga practice or a foam rolling class. In addition to enjoying a wide-variety of online fitness, you can also enjoy a bit of retail therapy and snag some branded Obé gear to sport a new look when you workout.
- Over 7K+ fun and colorful videos
- Diverse group of instructor talent
- Ability to search music genre along with your preferred fitness regimen
- May not be advanced enough for seasoned practitioners
Yoga Download is one of the first online yoga platforms to offer students the ability to stream and/or download their yoga class. With over 1500 classes to choose from, you can embrace their motto and “Go You’re Om Way”!
- Offers yoga in Spanish
- Hosts numerous challenges throughout the year to keep you accountable and to keep your practice going
- Female founder hosts YDL retreats with YDL teachers and team
- Lack of diversity within the teacher talent pool
7 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Online Yoga Practice
5 More Online Yoga Platforms for You to Know About:
1. Alo Moves
Alo Moves is known for their celebrity yogis offering advanced asana practices.
2. Yoga Anytime
Yoga Anytime features thematic yoga shows and classes customizable to your interests.
3. Yogaworks At Home
Thumbs up to Yogaworks At Home for their daily live streams and on-demand only options.
4. Wanderlust TV
Wanderlust TV offers specialized classes, courses and multi-day online retreats.
Yoga Today offers yoga practices filmed in national parks and public lands.
Find Your Perfect Online Yoga Platform
Since many of these platforms offer free trials, you can certainly try your hand at each of them! But, just like dating, the novelty wears off quickly.
If you’re looking to get serious about your relationship to your practice, it’s wise to consider what you’re seeking in a practice, try a few of these platforms and then (hopefully) match with your soulmate!
Until then, enjoy your practice!
Which one of these online yoga platforms is your go-to? Or better yet, who did we not mention? Please share with us in the comments below – we love hearing from you!
0——0—————March 7, 2022